Our Leaders Need Our Prayers
The hearts of kings (presidents, CEOs, MDs, rulers etc) are in the hands of the Lord and He turns it wherever He wants. Proverbs 21:1. The flesh (i.e. the natural will of man, the selfish nature of man etc) always fights against the spirit (the divine will of God, the right and godly way of life etc). Galatians 5:17. The two realms, the two dimensions fight against each other.
But there are other people that compete with God to steer the hearts of the leaders in their own selfish ways. The Word of God says in Ecclesiastes 10:5 – 7 that, “There is an evil I have seen under the sun, as an error proceeding from the ruler: folly is set in great dignity, while the rich sit in a lowly place. I have seen servants on horses, while princes walk on the ground like servants.”
Let’s break down the underlined to decode the errors that leaders can potentially make to cause their reign to be turbulent thus causing hardship on the people. This can in turn make God to reject them and frustrate their lives.
- The rulers set foolish people in places of dignity: that is appoint people with less wisdom or understanding or knowledge or experience or creativity on subject matters to important positions in their cabinet; they appoint them as deputies, advisers, assistants, heads of organisations etc. This, the Word of God says, is evil.
- The rich sit in a lowly place: The rich refers to those that have important and relevant resources, be it intellectual or financial or cognitive experience. The rulers deliberately put down those that can help them to build the kingdom. They reject or discriminate against their “Hiram” who can provide them resources to build the kingdom. 1 Kings 5:10. Again, God says this is evil to do. Do not be a respecter of persons.
- Servants are set on horses, while princes walk on the ground like servants: The leaders elevate the position of their advisers, assistants, deputies etc above the constituted authority of the establishment or nation. They arrogate more power to themselves than the constituted authority or resourceful individuals. This is not appropriate to do in the sight of God. They compete with the decision making and activities of the leaders. They filter what the leader hears and greatly influence the decision of the leaders. Many seek after their own. They come to King Nebuchadnezzar to report Daniel, Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego in Daniel 3: 8 – 13. They tell the king what he wants to hear.
All these are evil and abomination in the sight of God.
What Do We Do When In This Situation?
- We pray that God will enlighten the heart and mind of the leaders to see the deception of these people
- We pray that God will steer the hearts of the leaders to make the necessary change to people around them
- We pray that God will orchestrate activities from within and outside that will shake all that is ungodly and all that raise head against the divine purpose of God in our lives
- We pray for the like of Queen Esther that will go before the leader with favour to seek redress of injustice and demand equity and purposeful life for the people
The Lord give us hearing to do His Words. Amen!
Click here to read the Article on “God Plans Change of Heart For Our Leaders”